We have spent the last few weeks carefully following developments of the COVID-19 virus and the potential impact on our Spring TV Week events scheduled for March 24-26 in New York. We have been in touch with a number of you and we share your concerns about keeping our time together as safe and as risk-free as possible.
Because your safety is paramount, we’ve decided to reschedule TV Week Spring to a later date to be announced within the next 10 days. Our Spring TV Week event includes Advanced Advertising, Next TV and CultureX Conversations.
This is not a decision we make lightly and we want to assure you we’ll do our very best to find a date in the foreseeable future that works best for as many participants as possible. To that end, may we ask you to kindly complete this quick two-question survey to help identify what dates work best to reschedule?
NYC Television Week Spring & Wonder Women Awards are proceeding as planned. We take the safety of our attendees and community seriously during this current Covid-19 outbreak.
We do not have any attendees at NYC Television Week or Wonder Women from countries for which the CDC has assigned a travel health notice, which includes China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan. We will continue to work very closely with the venues to put into place additional health precautions in line with the guidance provided by the CDC and the WHO.
Precautions we’re taking:
- Working in partnership with our venues to arrange increased cleaning throughout the events.
- In addition to the existing cleaning and sanitation that takes place at all of our properties, Convene is increasing the frequency of cleanings and taking extra care to sanitize railings, doorknobs, handles, elevator buttons, restroom surfaces, counters, and tabletops.
- Convene has also begun an EcoSure Health and Safety Program to ensure all of our properties take the most stringent measures possible that are in line with the latest information from the World Health Organization (WHO) & Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- We are reminding everyone to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and to use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer provided at all Convene locations if soap and water are not immediately available. Also, we encourage everyone to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth to avoid the spread of germs
- We’re reminding everyone to stay home when sick and to return to work only after they’ve been fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- ZIEGFELD BALLROOM:
- With regard to the Coronavirus, we are approaching the situation day by day. We are taking proactive measures in our venue to thwart the possible transmission of the germs.
- We are following the guidelines given by the Governor, the CDC, and the WHO.
- Making hand sanitization products available throughout the venues to help people ensure good hand hygiene.
- Displaying the latest guidance from the CDC and WHO regarding hygiene and prevention.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, follow these measures:
We recommend that everyone attending NYC TV Week Spring & Wonder Women familiarise themselves with the guidance provided by the WHO regarding taking care of your own health and that of those around you. This includes the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.